Animal Control & Pet Licensing
The City of DuPont contracts with the City of Lakewood for animal control. If you have animal control issues, please call (253) 830-5010. For emergencies only (i.e. dog attack / biting occurring at that moment), dial 9-1-1.
Pet licenses in DuPont are yearly and expire on December 31. Tags must be renewed in 2023 by March 15th or late fees may apply. Late fees are not applicable for:
- Any new pet acquired within the past 30 days, or one under 3 months of age
- A new resident, within 30 days of their initial move in date
All cats and dogs three months of age or older must be licensed by the City and be current on required vaccinations. Rabies vaccinations are required by Washington State Law by the time your pet is 3 months of age, or a vet note excusing the vaccination is to be provided. Proof of current vaccination must be presented at the time of licensing. New residents have 30 days to license cats or dogs who are three months of age or older.
Service Animals- Documentation is required for a reduced rate. Emotional-support animals are exempt of this reduced rate.
If your animal was licensed, but you no longer have your pet, please contact City Hall at (253) 964-8121 to have your pet's name removed from our roster.
Pet Import/ Export
Important Notes from Washington Department of Health for anyone importing or exporting a pet: click here
License Renewal/ First Time Applicants
All pet licenses can be renewed through the City of DuPont. If you previously purchased a pet license from the City from the following, courtesy renewal emails will be sent near the end of the year. If you would like a courtesy reminder for the next year, please supply your email address on the pet license application .
2023 License Tags are now available. The City of DuPont is doing its best to be paperless! Online applications can now be submitted here. Look under licensing and B&O Tax. An account will be required which can also be used for several other license and permitting services within the City of DuPont! Up to 3 pets can be added to a single application. All applications will require:
- Vaccination records showing proof of current rabies vaccination are required and can be digitally attached to the form upon submission.
- Documentation of spay or neuter surgery must be shown for any pet over 1 year of age to receive lower rate.
- A written statement from the veterinarian must be received in order for this requirement to be waived.
- Owners who have submitted spay/ neuter documentation for a past City of DuPont pet license do not need to submit this documentation; however, vaccination documentation is still required.
Instructions on how to create your SmartGov Account and apply for your pet license can be found here.
If you experience any problems, or are unable to complete an application online, please e-mail Sean Randall. Or call DuPont City Hall 253-964-8121.
Licenses for your pets will be mailed to your provided home address in 2-5 business days following reception of complete application(s) and payment.