The Public Works Department is committed to ensuring safe conditions for all modes of transportation. The City currently maintains 70 lane miles of road surface, several hundred traffic signs, nine traffic signals, and 25 miles of pedestrian trails.
Street Maintenance Responsibilities
Public Works Department street maintenance efforts include:
- Maintaining all city streets and their adjacent curbs, gutters, and sidewalks.
- General street repairs
- Street sweeping (PDF)and debris removal as part of stormwater management
- Snow and Ice Removal
- Installation and maintenance of all city street signs
- Mowing of city's right-of-way through contract or city staff services
- Maintain channelization (traffic signals and pedestrian signals) through contract with Washington State Department of Transportation.
Call Before You Dig
Call the Utilities Underground Location Center at (800) 424-5555 or 811 at least two business days in advance for free location and marking of utility lines. You are responsible for any lines that could be damaged during work on your property, so always call ahead and work carefully.