Fourth of July Hometown Celebration
City of DuPont & Northwest Landing’s 2022 4th of July Hometown Celebration is ON!
The City of DuPont is excited to see our friends and neighbors in 2022 as we gather to celebrate America together! This year’s 4th of July celebration is the first since 2019 and it’s going to be our best yet.
The day begins with the Historical Society’s Annual Pancake Breakfast at 8AM. We are forever grateful to the Historical Society for providing such a wonderful tradition for our families. Our hometown parade begins at 10AM and is followed by a family friendly celebration at Clocktower Park with live music, arts and crafts, vendors, food, and of course Red, White & Blue Alley hosted by the DuPont Lions! Families are invited to enjoy a fantastic fireworks display sponsored by the Northwest Landing COA at Patriot’s Landing beginning at dusk.
Many helping hands are needed to help make this event a success. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Amy Walker at (253) 912-5245. We would love to hear from you!
Many heartfelt thanks to our friends at Northwest Landing ROA and COA for sponsoring this annual event. We are a grateful community and we could not do it without you!
Where can I find Handicap parking?
Handicap parking can be found at the John L. Scott (1408 Palisade Blvd) parking lot across Palisade Blvd from Clocktower Park. Due to the parade, access to the lot will be closed from 9AM- approximately 11AM.
First Aid/ Lost & Found/ Lost Children
The yellow-topped, City of DuPont Parks & Recreation Tent will be on the festival grounds and administers these services as well as provides other forms of useful information.
Can I Bring my Pet?
Due to the potentially large crowds, loud noises and food/ drink vendors on site, pets are strongly discouraged. Service animals are always welcome.
Parade Route & Start Times
Float Staging Area is in front of the DuPont Community Center (303 Barksdale Dr). Staging begins at 9:00AM and parade begins at 10:00AM.
The Bike & Buggy Parade will stage in front of the Chloe Clark Statue on the corner of Palisade & Haskell. Please follow directions of DuPont Police & Volunteers. Staging begins at 10:00AM and meets at the END of the parade at approximately 10:30AM. Do not move ahead of any of the original procession.
- Float Parade begins in front of the DuPont Community Center at 303 Barksdale Dr, heading Northwest toward Repauno Ave.
- Turns right, heading Northeast on Repauno and continues onto DuPont Ave, heading Northwest
- Continues onto Haskell St heading Southwest.
- Passes along Chloe Clark Elementary School where the Bike & Buggy Parade joins behind the original procession.
- Crosses Palisade on Haskell St and continues to McDonald St.
- Turns left on McDonald St heading South.
- Turns left on Thompson St heading East.
- Continues right onto Thompson Circle following along the South side of Clocktower Park.
- Turns left on Palisade Blvd, heading North.
- Ends in front of the Clocktower at Clocktower Park.