Small Business Grants
DuPont COVID-19 Small Business Grants
The City of DuPont will accept applications for grants from Monday, August 10th through Friday, August 21st.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed by Congress and provides fast and direct economic assistance for American workers, families, small businesses, and preserves jobs. The City has received funding through the State of Washington and the Mayor and City Council are pleased to announce that they have allocated $100,000 to business grants in DuPont for businesses with 20 or less employees.
- This is a one-time grant with a maximum amount awarded being $7,000
- Grants help offset the significant, temporary loss of revenue and help pay for expenses such as payroll, business mortgage, rent, and business utilities such as electric, natural gas, water/sewer, garbage, internet, and phone.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit documentation of profit loss and number of owner/employees
- Grants are provided from state-shared CARES Act funding.
What Businesses are Eligible?
This grant is available to businesses that:
- Have 20 employees or less, including the owner
- Have a physical address located in DuPont city limits
- Are active and licensed in the City of DuPont and Washington State
- The business must be currently permitted/licensed, in good standing, by both the City and the State.
- The business must have experienced a loss of income directly related to the effects of COVID-19.
- The business must have been operating for at least one year.
- The Business cannot be owned, partially owned, controlled or involve any type of financial or pecuniary interest or control by a City employee or public official or family member(s) of the same.
How to Apply
- The application will be available online the week of August 3.
- Applications will ONLY be accepted August 10th through August 21st.
- To submit an application mail it to City Hall using the address below or email Finance Director Carma Oaksmith at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed in order of the postmark date or email date.
How will grants be determined?
- Applications order will be determined by the postmarked date and/or email date.
Questions? Contact Finance Director Carma Oaksmith at firstname.lastname@example.org.