Business License

  • License Requirements

If you are a business with a physical presence in DuPont or plan to conduct business within DuPont city limits, you will need to register your business with the City and State. The City of DuPont and the State of Washington, Department of Revenue, Business Licensing Service are involved in a combined licensing one-stop system that allows you to obtain state and city licenses at the same time. You will receive a master license from the state, showing both your city and state business licenses. The fee for a DuPont license is $75. Non-profit businesses are required to file with the City but there is no fee required with submission of a valid 501(c)3 exemption form. The license is for one year and expires with the State Master License. To contact Washington State Business Licensing Services please call (360) 705-6741 or view for more contact information.

Home Occupation Permit

You are required to obtain a Home Occupation Permit in addition to a regular business license if you are doing business in your home. The permit fee is $100 and is a one-time cost. The business license fee, with an approved home occupation permit, is $75 for the first year and $20 per year thereafter, as long as the gross receipts remain under $10,000 per year. Download the Home Occupation Permit Application (PDF).

Rental Housing Business License

City of DuPont Ordinance Number 12-944 requires the owners of any residential property which is located in DuPont and which is leased or rented to residential tenants to obtain a City of DuPont Rental Housing Business License.


Click here to pay for and complete your 2022 Rental Housing Business License. OR Click here to download the 2022 Rental Housing Business License Application (PDF) and mail in with your payment.  You may also come into City Hall to complete and pay for your Rental Housing Business License.

Solicitor License

If your business requires you to make sales by going door to door, you must obtain a Solicitor license. The fee is $15 per year, with duration of January to December. Solicitor licenses are issued at City Hall. Download the Solicitor’s Application (PDF).

Temporary or Event License

This license is valid for 24 hours and covers vendors conducting business in the City for a special event. Temporary or event licenses are issued at City hall at a cost of $5. Click here to pay for and complete the Temporary Business License Application.

Register Your Business

To register your business, please complete the following forms: